A little bit about me
Although the company name of ‘The Wedding Invite Company’ is new (launched January 2017), I have 14 years of wedding stationery and design knowledge under my previous name of Bunny Delicious, which I started in 2003.
My dad passed away in 2014 and things got a little flat and a little bit meh over the next 2 years. Google kept mucking around with algorithms, and my poor little website fell foul of Google’s point ranking system, meaning it wasn’t being seen by anyone. So after a period of intense stropping and a 7 week stint of working in Marks and Spencers Food Hall, I decided to get a new website, that you, the reader, could actually buy from! In a moment of madness, I decided to change the name to something a bit more SEO friendly (search engine optimisation). In hindsight, this was probably a bit of a pants move, but it’s just a name. I could have called it Elliot Fish and Co. and if you liked what you saw would the name matter? (I still want a company name under Elliot Fish BTW – brilliant name!)
Other work stuff
Pre dad death stuff, I was O B S E S S E D with awards. Obsessed. I think this was childhood hangover from Mrs Gyland-Brown, the substitute Art Teacher, who said that my paintings lacked creativity. Distraught. For. Days. You cannot say that to a 14 years old and not expect it to stick. So although I ultimately set out to prove her wrong and to show the world that I WAS creative, ultimately I did it for my dad who was not long for this world.
So, the accolades under Bunny Delicious were
2013 Wedding Industry Awards – Regional Finalist
2013 Wedding Industry Awards – National Finalist
2013 Wedding Ideas – Stationery Finalist
2013 Essex Wedding Magazine – Winner – Stationery and Favours
Stu Stu Studio Life
I have a home office in Rayleigh, Essex and a studio, based at Martels Wedding and Events Village in Barnston. I love my studio, but as I am not what I would call a ‘local’ business (as in my stationery is ordered from all over the world, not just Essex where I live) therefore I do struggle to get people in to see me. I am hoping this will change, because aside from being really sad if I have to leave, that IKEA flat pack took a jolly long time to watch someone else build it!
15 useless facts
- I once kissed Marti Pellow from Wet Wet Wet at “Top of the Pops” in 1993
- Holly Johnson (Frankie goes to Hollywood) once tweeted me (proof on request)
- If someone suggests a holiday or adventure, I will have the whole thing booked by the time you get to the end of the sentence.
- I am a born entertainer. I haven’t ruled out a stage career as yet!
- I am addicted to ER and Grey’s Anatomy. If you had a dissected aorta, I could probably fix it.
- I talk and walk at the speed of light.
- I’m impulsive. Pop out for milk, come back with a hamster impulsive.
- I love anything that no-one else has. I am currently wearing a chunky wooden necklace with two budgies on it.
- Food. I love Food. Anything food related is welcome. Any nationality. Oh, except Eels, I don’t think I like those.
- I used to make novelty pencil sharpeners at junior school. Barry Grimes, the boy who sat next to me used to be so impressed.
- I wanted to be a dancer, I wasn’t allowed as I needed to get a ‘proper career’. For the record, I was a very good dancer.
- I am not allowed to paint walls, as apparently I make a pigs ear of it.
- When I was 8, I didn’t win a drawing competition at the local toy shop, which I 100% believed that I should of, so I stole one of the prizes (I did take it back later!!)
- I am a level 1 Reiki healer
- Whilst supermarket shopping, I use the long aisle as a mock cat walk and I stride purposefully to anything on my iphone that has a beat (although I don’t do a hair toss once I reach the cereal aisle – that would just be weird.) Because I’ve got my headphones on, no-one knows what I am doing. Try it seriously, its very empowering 🙂 🙂 🙂
So that’s me.
Hello : )